Home > Technical
Support > Email >Webmail
Support > Sending Email Attachments
To compose a new email:
- Click New Message, located at the top right corner of the
- To send a message to another person, you must have that
person's e-mail address. This is usually in the format email@example.com. If
you would like to choose a name from your contacts list, simply click on that
person's name, then click the "Add to 'To'" box. You may select
multiple names by holding down the CTRL key. You may do the same for adding
an existing contact to the CC or BCC fields. If your sender's e-mail address
is not listed under contacts, you may type in the e-mail address manually
in the To, CC, or BCC fields manually. Multiple recipients must be separated
by a comma.
- The subject line is what will display in the recipient's
inbox. Type a general description of your message here.
- Attachments are files that are sent along with an e-mail
message. To send an attachment, choose the number of attachments that you
plan to send with your message and hit the Change button. Once you have done
this, the page will reload and a field will appear for each attachment that
you requested. Choose "Browse..." to locate each attatchment you
want to send. When you have found the file, click on it; then click the OK
button and the attachment line will display that file location. NOTE: Selecting
users after adding a file attachment will cause the attachment to be lost,
and you will have to re-attach it.
- Other options when sending a message include saving a copy
of the message in the 'Sent' Folder as well as choosing whether you would
like a Read Receipt. These are personal preferences - make either choice as
- You may type the body of the message in the large white
box below the Send Now, Save Draft and Spell Check buttons.
- To send a message immediately, click Send Now.
- If you would like to save the message for a later time,
click Save Draft. The message will then be save in your Drafts folder. To
access it again, go to the Drafts folder, click on the message and click the
Recompose Message Option. You may then complete your message.
- To check the e-mail for spelling mistakes click Spell Check.
If there are any unrecognized words it will offer the most common suggestions.
Change the misspelled words by clicking on the pull-down menu in which it
appears. Click recompose to return to the message.